- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 TB plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Heath bar toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350
- Have a heat proof bowl ready before you brown the butter.Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam. Whisk constantly. It can take about ten minutes for the butter to begin to brown on the bottom. Once it starts, it goes quickly. As soon as the butter is golden brown and smells nutty, remove from the heat and pour in the heat proof bowl to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electic mixer, mix the (slightly cooled) butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and yogurt until combined. Reduce speed to low and add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the chips and bits.
- Drop by spoonful on a cookie sheet (I line mine with parchment first), two inches apart. They do spread. Flatten slightly with damp fingers then sprinkle a little sea salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit under done in the middle but they will continue to cook once they're out of the oven. Cool on the baking sheets completely or transfer to a wire rack to cool.