I'm a huge fan of Chrissy Teigen and both of her Cravings cookbooks. This is from her first book. What she says is true: "it's a bunch of sprouts covered in delicious, great things." I'm sure you'll agree.Print Pin Rate
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 15 cloves garlic, peeled I cut them into quarters
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled try baking the bacon instead of frying it
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup blue cheese optional
- ¼ cup Honey-Balsamic Glaze see below
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup honey
Preheat oven to 450°
- In a large bowl, toss together the sprouts, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the whole thing out onto a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Roast until the undersides get browned and crisp. 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn the sprouts over so the other sides get crisp. Return to the oven until the sprouts are charred and the garlic cloves are tender, about ten minutes longer.
Transfer to a platter
- When the sprouts are done, transfer them to a platter. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and a little more salt and pepper. Sprinkle the bacon, walnuts, cranberries, and (optional) blue cheese on top. Serve immediately – although it's also good at room temp.
For the Balsamic Glaze
- In a small sauce pan, combine the vinegar and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer until the glaze is reduced by half and begins to thicken. About 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. This will keep indefinitely in the fridge in an airtight container; warm slightly before serving.