Gingery Turkey & Bok Choy Soup
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 12 oz baby bok choy thinly slice the white parts and the green parts – keep them separate
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tbsp Braggs Liquid Amino Acids Or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diaganol
- ½ tsp Sriracha
- 1 cup butternut squash "noodles"
- 2 cups assorted chopped mushrooms
Prepare the vegetables
- Chop the bok choy, grate the ginger, mince the garlic, thinly slice the scallions and chop the mushrooms. For the butternut squash "noodles," you can buy them already noodled or, if you have a spiralizer, you can make your own. Chop the noodles to make the pieces smaller.
- Place all the vegetables and ginger in a bowl, except the bok choy green leaves.
Using a large soup pot
- Combine the broth, vegetables (except for the bok choy green leaves), ginger, ground turkey, Braggs, and Sriracha. Bring to a boil over high heat. Then lower heat to maintain a simmer. Continue to simmer, uncovered, for about ten minutes, until the turkey is no longer pink. Add the bok choy green leaves and simmer until wilted and tender, about two more minutes. You can continue to simmer the soup, partially covered, for up to thirty more minutes, or serve immediately.Season to taste with more Braggs or Sriracha.