- 1 jar 16 ounces raw, crunchy almond butter I like Trader Joe's
- 8 ounces Grade B maple syrup
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 4 tbsp pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups gluten-free old fashioned oatmeal not instant
- 2 cups gluten free sprouted brown rice cacao crisps like One Degree: plain puffed rice works too
- 1 cup dried cherries and/or dried cranberries try mixing them!
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a cookie sheet or sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond butter, syrup, flaxseed, pumpkin-pie spice, and sea salt. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Let the batter rest for about 15 minutes to thicken. Stir again.
- Using a large cookie scoop, or spoons, or your hands, roll about 2 TB of batter into a tight ball. Place 12 per cookie sheet. They will not spread. Using damp fingers, flatten each dough ball to about ½" and push any loose pieces together.
- Place one or two cookie sheets in the preheated oven and bake for ten minutes – until the top is golden brown. If using two sheets, rotate after six minutes – front to back and top to bottom. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- At room temperature in an airtight container for five days. These cookies freeze well and will last for three months in a ziploc bag in your freezer.