Steamed Asparagus with Balsamic Butter and Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Toast the pine nuts
- Place a heavy skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the pine nuts and toast, for about 4 minutes, stirring once. Remove the pine nuts from the pan and set aside to cool completely.
Steam the asparagus
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot over 2 inches of boiling water. Add the asparagus, cover, and let steam until they are tender-firm: about 4-7 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Remove the asparagus from the pot and arrange on a platter.
Make the balsamic butter
- Combine the melted butter and the balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and whisk until well-combined. Drizzle over the asparagus. Sprinkle the pine nuts on top. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.