Perhaps a little out of the ordinary – but so moist, they'll never know it's good for them! (I remember the time I snuck beets into the chocolate cake batter – eventually the white sugar frosting turned pink and my boys figured it out…they still talk about it! This isn't like that.)Print Pin Rate
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp pumpkin or apple pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- ¾ cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup plain whole-milk yogurt
Preheat the oven to 350°
- Lightly coat a 9" x 5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Optional: line the bottom of the pan with parchment and spray the parchment.
- The flour, spice, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and oil together then add both sugars and whisk until smooth. Add the sweet potato and the yogurt and whisk just until incorporated. Fold in the dry ingredients until completely incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. 55-60 minutes.
- In the pan on a wire rack and then turn out loaf. Discard the parchment, if used.