Baked/roasted/steamed sweet potatoes make this a moist and delicious bread. It's too moist to put in the toaster, but it's great on its own or slathered with butter.Print Pin Rate
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin or apple pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ cup grape seed or other neutral oil
- ¾ cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup plain whole milk yogurt
Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly coat a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the pan again.
- The flour, spice, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. In a larger bowl, whisk both sugars, the egg, and oil until smooth. Add the mashed sweet potato and the yogurt to the large bowl and whisk just until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and fold until no traces of flour remain. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.
- Completely in the pan on a wire rack, then turn out and discard the parchment